Introduction: What is a Caravan Park?
Geraldton is a coastal city in the Mid West region of Australia that serves as an excellent spot for adventure seekers, fishing fanatics, and eco-life admirers. Geraldton houses lots of caravan parks that allow you to enjoy some of the best adventure activities, like swimming with dolphins, sharks, turtles, and various friendly sea animals, snorkeling, surfing, boating, bushwalking, and so many more.
Firstly, let’s look at what is a caravan park before going deeper.
What is a Caravan Park
A caravan park is where caravans are parked either for holiday rental or temporary accommodation. Also, it can be referred to as a premise for the parking of caravans or relocatable homes for the people who want to escape the city’s bustling life to enjoy some quiet and relaxing time with nature.
You can refer to Caravan park as a holiday park, which is essential for caravaning.
Top 5 Things to Consider when Choosing the Best Caravan Park in Geraldton
A caravan park is a place where people can stay overnight in caravans, campervans, or tents. They are found in many places, including coastal areas and national parks. However, there are things you need to consider to choose the best caravan park in Geraldton. They are:
- The Safety Concerns
One of the significant indicators of a good caravan park is the level of security it offers. Your safety and that of your children and pets should be guaranteed. In terms of activities, there should be safety, accidents of wild animals becoming violent, or kids lost in the bush should not be heard. The higher the safety, the more reliable the park is.
- Park Activities
Statistics stated that 90% of campers leave their home to engage in activities and adventures. The best caravan parks offer the best kind of activities to suit different ages and sizes of people, including pets. Popular activities include canoeing, fishing, swimming, surfing, sightseeing, bushwalking, and cycling. If you don’t know which of the caravan parks in Geraldton offers the best activities, you can simply go for a consultation. One of the best consulting sites you can explore is pitchup.com.
Location is one of the things to consider when choosing the best caravan park in Geraldton. We all have different tastes in terms of location. Some of us prefer coastal areas, while some prefer woodland areas. Thankfully, Geraldton is blessed with lots of beautiful sites to choose from. It would help if you considered the proximity of the caravan park to town. If you are going with kids and pets, it is advised to choose one closer to the city.
Also, a good location should be easily accessible via road, and you are to get there without having to miss your way or incur damages to your van.
Also, you have to check whether the location is big enough to occupy your family and friends, including your pets, without stress.
Facilities are one of the things you should check out when choosing the best caravan park in Geraldton. Some basic facilities help make a caravan park more liveable and exciting. They include Wi-Fi, laundries, free hot showers, washrooms, showers, and toilet facilities. It is important to check out the facilities and whether they suit your needs. You should note that the more the facilities, the higher the rental price of the location.
The cost of the park is one thing you should consider. Your budget is the speaking factor here. After examining the above four factors, you need to consider if they are within your means or not. Ensure your insurance can cover it up. It is advised that you get insurance for your caravan before stepping out.
Tips for Finding the Right Caravan Park for you
The first step to caravaning is choosing a caravan park. Some the tips for finding a suitable caravan park include:
- Ask yourself what you truly what: Are you looking for somewhere to go and relax your head after several months of working, or are you looking for somewhere to explore and have some adventure. The answers to these questions will help you determine which caravan park is right for you.
- Check your budget: After you have answered the above question, next is to check your budget. You should be able to afford the caravan park without going into debt. Any caravan park cost that will overstretch your finances is not suitable for you, no matter how lucrative it is.
- Check for the suitability of the amenities and activities: The right caravan should contain amenities and activities that are suitable for your kind of person. If you don’t like swimming, caravan parks with lots of water bodies will be a turn-off for you. So ensure you carefully check the activities they offer. It isn’t fun that you left home to relax and the activities aren’t suitable for you. In terms of amenities, do check to see if they are ideal for your needs. For example, if you are a remote worker, you will need a caravan park with Wi-Fi and electricity.
The Top Caravan Parks Near Geraldton
The top caravan parks near Geraldton that you will love to explore are:
- Geraldton Belair Gardens Caravan Park
#1 Best Value of 3 Camping in Geraldton
- Old Miners’ Cottages B&B
46.7 km from Geraldton
#2 of 4 B&Bs in Northampton
- Abrolhos Reef Lodge
2.6 km from Geraldton
#1 of 1 specialty lodging in Tarcoola Beach
- Sunset Beach Holiday Park
#2 Best Value of 3 Camping in Geraldton
- Drummond Cove Holiday Park
#3 Best Value of 3 Camping in Geraldton
- Dongara Hotel Motel
60.8 km from Geraldton
#1 of 2 hotels in Dongara
- Northampton Motor Hotel
47.4 km from Geraldton
#4 of 4 B&Bs in Northampton
- Bentwood Olive Grove
19.9 km from Geraldton
#1 of 3 specialty lodgings in Greenough
- Horrocks Beach Caravan Park
48.0 km from Geraldton
#1 of 1 specialty lodging in Horrocks
- Seaspray Beach Holiday Park
60.4 km from Geraldton
#2 of 5 specialty lodgings in Dongara
- Sabai Accommodation
60.9 km from Geraldton
#5 of 5 specialty lodgings in Dongara
- Ocean Centre Hotel
#2 of 9 hotels in Geraldton
How to Check Prices, Availability, and Book Your Caravan Park
To check prices and availability and book your caravan parks, you need to do that online on booking sites. If you have a caravan park in mind, you can go straight to their website, check for its availability, book, and make your payment. If you are undecided, you can check booking sites. One of the best out here is Pitchup.
Caravan Park Amenities & Local Activities
There are a lot of local activities to do in Geraldton caravan parks. Some of the caravan parks amenities and local activities you tend to enjoy include:
Some of the amenities you can enjoy include:
- Camp Kitchen
- Caravaning BBQs
- BIG4 Perks Local Member Benefits
- Café/Restaurant Available
- Close to Tourist Attractions
- Adventure Playground
- Amenities Blocks
- Conference Facilities
- Convenience Store/Kiosk
- Disabled Bathroom
- Drive Through Sites
- Ensuite Sites
- Sullage Available on Powered/Ensuite Sites
- Walking Tracks
- Wide selection of accommodations
- Fire Pit/Camp Fires
- Security Boom Gate
- Sewage Dump Point
- Short term caravan/boat storage onsite
- Adventures Sites
- Small – Motorhome Friendly Sites
- Sporting venues
- Sullage Available on Powered/Ensuite Sites
- Walking Tracks
- Wildlife Viewing Giant Jumping Pillow/Inflatable Trampoline
- Groups ride
- Internet – Free Wireless
- Nature Walks
- Outdoor Games
- Pool – Solar Heated
- The in-park boat launch area
- Large – Motorhome Friendly Sites
- Laundries with Washing Machines & Dryers
Activities in the park that you can explore include:
- Local wine/beer centers
- Watch a Movie
- Board Games.
- Local restaurants
- Indoor Attractions.
Conclusion and Recommendations
Choosing a caravaning spot is very important, and this should be done with all caution and careful planning. Ensure you consider all the factors in relation to one another. I recommend you talk to your local caravan insurance service for better options.